Hans A. Nilges
Experienced Ohio wage law attorney
"Hans Nilges was there for me when I was down and out!!" - Debbie P.
Location: North Canton, Ohio
Email: Email Me
Hans in his own words
I have been an employment attorney for my entire career, and I have a passion for this area of the law. This passion has led me to achieve a deep knowledge of various employment laws including various forms of wrongful termination, employment discrimination, medical leave issues, and wage and hour violations.
Throughout my life, I have always found satisfaction in helping people when they cannot help themselves. Being an employment attorney provides me that opportunity every day. When a worker has been unjustly terminated, harassed in the workplace, or improperly paid, they can turn to me and our team of legal professionals in Northeast Ohio.
At Nilges Draher LLC, we will often attempt to resolve issues outside of court. But if that is not possible, we are not afraid to litigate in court. In that regard, my firm and I are very experienced. For example, I have litigated over 200 overtime and minimum wage cases in various courts throughout the country and in arbitration proceedings. Many of these cases were complex class action lawsuits involving thousands of employees.
Our firm has recovered tens of millions (and counting) in unpaid overtime and minimum wages in such cases for thousands of clients since our firm’s founding in 2014. To learn more about how I can help you with your potential legal case, simply contact us and schedule a free case evaluation with me. I would be honored to help you and answer your legal questions.
"I appointed Hans as my attorney, and his whole staff has went beyond what I expected." - Kevin M.
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, District of North Dakota
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- University of Toledo College of Law, Toledo, Ohio
J.D. cum laude - 2002
- The University of Toledo, Toledo, Ohio
B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 1998
Honors and Awards
- Ohio Super Lawyers, Rising Stars 2007, 2009 - 2022
- Ohio Super Lawyers 2019-2021
- Avvo "Superb" 10 rating
- Ohio Association for Justice Board member
- American Association for Justice member