Robi J. Baishnab
Experienced Ohio wage and hour lawyer
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Email: Email Me
Robi in his own words
I am passionate about improving the lives of workers, which includes representing employees who were not paid lawful wages that they earned.
Sometimes I describe myself as having "blue collar" values with "white collar" opportunities. I believe that balance is critical to a properly functioning society. Workers are consistently in the inferior bargaining position compared to employers, especially large corporate entities. Workers sweat, bleed, ache, and toil, but are often little more than line items on a profit and loss ledger. While employers are typically able to deduct labor costs, the typical human employee gets no such savings.
Helping employees also levels the playing field among employers, by targeting illegal pay practices that give certain employers an unfair competitive advantage over employers that follow the rules.
With some exceptions, each and every worker deserves to be paid no less than the lawful minimum wage and one and one-half times their regular rate for hours worked in excess of 40 in a workweek. I have helped production and manufacturing workers, homecare providers, housekeepers and cleaners, oil and gas workers, tipped restaurant workers, just to name a few. I respect that my clients are working just as hard, if not harder, than me and I will do everything I can to ensure they are paid what they are lawfully owed.
Nilges Draher LLC works with employees who are facing challenges in the modern workplace, and we are proud to be a modern firm. Contact us and schedule your free case evaluation today.
- Ohio, 2010
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Tennessee
- Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Capital University Law School, Columbus, Ohio
J.D. - 2010
Master of Laws (Business & Taxation) - 2012
- Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
Bachelor of Science, Biology - 1999
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyer Rising Star 2020
- American Civil Liberties Union
- Ohio Association for Justice
- Ohio Employment Lawyers Association
- September 2016: CLE Speaker at Ohio State Bar Association on "Workers' compensation and the Fair Labor Standards Act"
- Ohio Association for Justice (May 2018: CLE speaker on "Wage & Hour Legal Updates")