Robi J. Baishnab
Experienced Ohio wage and hour lawyer
Wage and Hour Practice Group
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Email: Email Me
Robi in his own words
I am passionate about improving the well-being of workers, which includes representing employees that have not been paid the lawful wages earned. Sometimes I describe myself as having "blue collar" values with "white collar" opportunities. I was fortunate to be raised in a family of hard workers, and privileged to ultimately become a lawyer. I grew up in and around Cleveland, so it's no surprise that I am compelled to fight for the underdog.
I believe that balance is critical to a properly functioning society. I further believe that now and historically, workers are consistently in the inferior bargaining position when compared to employers, especially large corporate entities. Workers, people with families, who sweat, bleed and ache, are often no more than an entry on a corporate profit and loss ledger. While employers are typically able to deduct labor costs, the typical human employee gets no such savings.
As a wage and hour attorney, I can focus my love of learning and affinity for a good fight to play my part in the collective push against exploitation of human workers. Another positive side-effect of this work is that not only do we help real working people, but we also help reduce unlawful practices which otherwise give some employers an unfair competitive advantage over those employers that abide by the law.
Each and every worker deserves to be paid no less than the lawful minimum wage for every hour worked and the lawful premium for working overtime. I have helped tipped restaurant workers, housekeepers and cleaners, oil and gas workers, homecare providers, and factory workers, just to name a few. I respect that my clients are working just as hard, if not harder than I, and I will do everything I can to ensure they are paid what they are lawfully owed.
Nilges Draher LLC works with employees who are facing challenges in the modern workplace, and we are proud to be a modern firm. I would be happy to speak with you about how I can help with your legal issues. Contact us and schedule your free case evaluation today.
Areas of Practice
- Ohio, 2010
- U.S. District Court, Southern Ohio, 2011
- U.S. District Court, Northern Ohio, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Colorado, 2013
- U.S. District Court, Maryland, 2015
- Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals, 2017
- Capital University Law School, Columbus, Ohio
J.D. - 2010
Master of Laws (Business & Taxation) - 2012
- Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
Bachelor of Science, Biology - 1999
- American Association for Justice
- American Civil Liberties Union
- Columbus Bar Association
- Ohio Association for Justice
- Ohio Employment Lawyers Association
- September 2016: CLE Speaker at Ohio State Bar Association on "Workers' compensation and the Fair Labor Standards Act"
- Ohio Association for Justice (May 2018: CLE speaker on "Wage & Hour Legal Updates")