Shannon M. Draher
Dedicated Ohio wage law attorney
Wage and Hour Practice Group
Location: Massillon, Ohio
Email: Email Me
Shannon in her own words
Ever since I was a child, I wanted to be a lawyer. After graduating from law school, I was blessed to work at one of the best law firms in the world. There, I had top-notch training and was mentored by some of the best lawyers I know. After a few years there, my child-like passion for the law dwindled. I moved to other prestigious law firms, yet nothing re-lit the spark I had as a child.
That passion finally returned when I decided to represent a group of workers who were denied overtime pay. I fell in love with the law again. I felt a strong desire and motivation to help workers. Up until that time, I had spent my career defending "Goliath". I was now representing the "David's" of the world - and I was never going to look back.
After that case, my law partner Hans Nilges and I decided we were going to commit our careers to standing up for workers' rights. Since making that decision, I have represented thousands of workers.
I focus my practice on recovering unpaid overtime and minimum wages for workers. I have litigated wage and hour class actions and collective actions across the nation. I am proud to say that in five short years, I have helped thousands of workers recover over $26 million in unpaid wages.
I believe that every worker has a right to work in a job that is free of unlawful harassment, discrimination, and retaliation. That every worker has a right to be paid his or her lawful wages. And that every worker should have access to an employment lawyer. That is why I spend hours upon hours each week talking to workers, answering their questions, and discussing the employment laws that apply to them - free of charge.
You have rights as an employee, and I would be honored to talk to you about your legal options. Contact us and schedule your free case evaluation with me today.
Areas of Practice
- Ohio, 2001
- Supreme Court of Ohio, 2001
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court, District of North Dakota
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Oklahoma
- U.S. District Court, District of Arizona
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 6th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, D.C. Circuit
- University of Toledo College of Law, Toledo, Ohio
J.D. magna cum laude - 2001
Honors: Member, Order of the Coif
Law Review: University of Toledo Law Review
- University of Toledo, Toledo, Ohio
B.A. - 1998
Honors and Awards
- Award of Merit from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
- Professional Associations and Memberships
- Akron Bar Association, Member
- Ohio Association for Justice, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Stark County Bar Association, Member
- Volunteer for Community Legal Aid
Pro Bono Activities
- Community Legal Aid